Wish List

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #111 - Easter...

My fellow LCC teammates and I were all happy to create some Easter inspiration for you, given the timing of Let's Craft and Create's new challenge. Easter will be here before we know it, and there's no time like the present to get our cards made and sent to family and friends.

Here's what I came up with for this month's challenge:
I used my Silhouette to cut an egg-shaped aperture from a piece of white cardstock. Then I dry-embossed the cardstock with a folder by Darice.

Once that was done, I laid this white piece on top of my lavender card base and lightly marked the egg opening with a pencil. Then I put some double-sided tape around the outside of this egg shape and began laying strips of 1/8" purple ribbon in a criss-cross design.

Once that was done, I erased any pencil lies that might show and adhered my white cardstock onto my card base with double-sided foam tape, making sure the foam tape was also positioned to firmly hold my ribbon in place.

My little flowers were made with a Recollections punch and the greenery was made with an EK Success punch.

My sentiment was computer generated onto a stitched oval die-cut. Finally, tiny pearls were added to the ribbon joints and the flower centers.




The inside sentiment was also computer-generated. For a bit of decoration, I added three more flowers and a little greenery in the lower left corner.
















Now it's your turn. We hope you'll join in our challenge to make an Eastery creation - it can be a card, a tag, a décor item or anything else your imagination can conjure up.

Visit Let's Craft and Create to get some amazing inspiration from the rest of the Design Team. Believe me, when I say, their projects are awesome! You'll also find all the details for our Easter challenge there, and you can link your project at the end of the post. I can't wait to see your entries!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Oh how beautiful - and what a creative idea. Time to make the Easter cards for sure.

designbydonna said...

Very beautiful card. I love that oval and embossed frame. Those little flowers just set off the beautiful egg.

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhh that's a beautiful card Cheryl! Love how you used your ribbons, looks fab!

Anonymous said...

Very nice Easter card. I love this one. Haven't commented for a long time but I have seen many that I really like! I still have my Christmas card displayed! pj