Wish List

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Wool you be mine?...

I've been busy making Valentines, and here's one for a young granddaughter.

Please excuse the somewhat blurry, wonky photos. Guess my hand wasn't too steady today, and I just don't want to retake them tomorrow. Ever feel like that? I can see in this photo that I definitely could have put my fence on straighter, too, but I don't think my little granddaughter will even notice.

My little lamb was one of a set of stamps that I got a VERY long time ago - long before I ever started blogging. So, I've thrown the packaging away and have no idea who the manufacturer is. I do think she's cute, though!

My fence is a die by Darice, the flowers were cut with an old Cuttlebug die and the cloud is a die from Impression Obsession.



I added lots of layers to my lamb, popping each one up on some double-sided foam tape. Layering like this adds so much dimension.















I've added a little pink bow made from crochet thread.

And don't you love those googly eyes? Every girl lamb should have a little eye shadow on, don't you think? I also gave her some shading with a few different shades of gray ProMarkers.

The little hearts above her head were punched out with a tiny Studio G punch.




The inside of my card is very plain, but I will add a personal note. The sentiments here and on the front were computer-generated.

Well, I attended my first Tai Chi class on Monday, and I LOVED IT! The movements even made some of my muscles kind of sore for a day, so I know it's making me use some muscles that haven't been used for a while - which is good! The teacher is great. She's a Physical Therapist by trade, so she knows what she's doing. I'm so anxious to go back for class no. 2. I'm going to watch some videos on YouTube, as well, to help me remember the different motions and forms.

If you ever get a chance to take Tai Chi, you should do it. It's great!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day
Cheryl

5 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh how cuuuute Cheryl! What a fun sentiment and cute little lamb! Love it all right down to the tiny eyelashes that gives the little lamb a personality!

designbydonna said...

What an adorable card. I love that little lamb with her googly eyes. So perfect for an adorable granddaughter. Clever little "punny" sentiment.

Glittered Paws said...

Oh how totally sweet is this card - love the "ewe" stamp and all the elements you added are perfect. The eyes set off this fun fun card.

Lynne in NI said...

Heee, I do love a good pun. Fab fun card, lovin all your layers too!
Glad the Tai Chi went well :)

Shanna said...

I can't wait to hear mores out Tai Chi!