Wish List

Saturday, January 23, 2016

An early start on 2016 Christmas cards...

I've managed to make a few Christmas cards so that my special box for them doesn't sit there looking empty and forgotten. Here's one that I really like, and it was actually pretty quick to make.


I used a Cottage Cutz Petites die called "Bells." I cut my bells from some shiny, textured gold cardstock and backed them with a matte-finish gold cardstock. I also cut the ribbon portion of the die from some red CS and layered it over the top of the gold.



I coated my ribbon with some Wink of Stella clear glitter and put a little red gem where the knot would be. The little pine branches behind my bells were made with a Martha Stewart punch

My sentiment is from Jilli Bean Soup. After stamping it in Versamark, I carefully poured red embossing powder over the word "Joy" and some green powder over the rest. I just had to be really careful, but as you can see - it worked!



On the inside of my card, I added a little strip of my DSP that was matted with some of my kraft CS. A couple more pine branches were added to finish it off.


I'm planning on making some more of these cards - at least 10 of them. I really like the bright colors, the little gold bells and the two-toned sentiment. They'll also go through the mail with no extra postage.

On Monday I start a Tai Chi class, and I'm really looking forward to it. I'll let you know how I like it in my next post.

I hope you are having a great weekend, filled with moments of joy. If you were in the path of that awful winter storm, I hope you have stayed safe and warm.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

6 comments:

Hannelie said...

This is so beautiful Cheryl! The 2 golden bells are the star(s) of the show!
I guess you can never start too early building up a collection of Christmas cards !

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful Christmas card Cheryl! The shimmery golden bells look so elegant! I hope you enjoy your exercise class! Exercise is my main passion :)

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful Christmas card - and love how you did the Wink of Stella on your bow. Hope you enjoy your class. Keep us updated.

Lynne in NI said...

Oh go you! This is fab, love the different golds on your bells! I'm afraid my Christmas box is currently empty and forgotten ;)
Enjoy your Tai Chi!

designbydonna said...

Wow, Christmas cards already. Good for you. This one is beautiful. I love the gold tones on the bells.

Lynne in NI said...

Just popping over to wish you a Very Happy Birthday! Hope you're having a great day! xx