Wish List

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Wooly mittens...

I recently made this Christmas card using a mitten stamp with matching die by Sizzix. They are from a set called "Mittens & Snow Globe," which includes some really cute images besides these mittens.

Don't those mittens look absolutely wooly?

I achieved this look by stamping them with Versamark and then sprinkling them with a mixture of red and white embossing powders. When I first tried it, I didn't know if the colors would remain separated or if they would mix to a greater degree when melted. They clearly stayed separate and created a very textured look. I love it! I colored the little zigzag areas with a red pen to add some contrast.

My snowflakes were cut with some Impression Obsession dies and my "Warm Wishes" sentiment stamp was one from the $1.50 bin at Michaels.


My inside sentiment is from a Recollections set called Christmas/Noel. I added some sparkle to the snowflakes and the word "Christmas" with a glitter pen. It doesn't show in the photo, but adds a nice sparkle.

I'm entering this card into the Dies R Us Challenge #38: Christmas.

This card was so much fun that I also tried it in pink and teal, which I'll share with you at a later time.

I hope your Christmas shopping, wrapping, decorating, cookie-baking and partying is going well. Mine own efforts are plugging along. Hope to get the Christmas tree up and decorated this coming weekend. I've got to get some cookie-baking done, too. Where does the time go?

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

6 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW! What a beautiful holiday creation Cheryl!! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘CHRISTMAS’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute card Cheryl! What fun little mittens! Love the fun and festive paper!

Glittered Paws said...

Oh love the texture you achieved on the mittens, I wanted to reach out and touch. Very pertty.

designbydonna said...

Cute, colorful card. Love the texture you achieved on the mittens. They look so warm and comfy. I've been traveling so missed your posts. You have some really pretty Thanksgiving cards.

Glenda said...

Oh my goodness, this is adorable! Thanks for joining us at the Dies R Us 'Christmas' challenge!

Lynne in NI said...

Gorgeous card and beautiful font on your sentiment, that was a real bargain! Wish we had Michael's here ... mind you, it's probably a good job that we don't or I'd never be out of it ;)