Wish List

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Let's Craft & Create Challenge #108 - Christmas...

The new challenge over at Let's Craft & Create is "Christmas." It's the perfect challenge for this time of year as most of us are frantically trying to finish up our cards.

As a member of the LCC design team, I decided to try my hand at a pop-up card. And to make it just a bit more interesting, I chose to use kraft card stock for my card base. Not the usual Christmas choice, right? Here's how it turned out:
I used my Sizzix "Elegant Edge" card die to create my card base and to also create a liner with a pop-up mechanism.


I used some Impression Obsession snowflake dies and one Spellbinders snowflake die to cut my snowflakes and inlay them into the same die-cuts in my card front.

Each snowflake was sprayed with adhesive and colored with clear glitter before it was inlaid. I tried and tried to get a picture of the pretty sparkle, but no luck! Maybe if you click on the picture to look at a larger version, you can see just a bit of it.








The inside of my card features more snowflakes (not inlaid this time) and a cute little snowglobe stamp, also by Sizzix. The sentiment is a stamp by Hero Arts.



My little snowglobe was covered with clear glitter to make it look as though someone has just shaken it. It looks so sparkly and fun in real life!

I apologize for the funky lighting on this photo. I tried to remove a yellowish colorcast, and now it's bluish! I think I just made it worse. Oh well, you get the idea.




Now please take a little time to check out the Christmas creations the rest of the Design Team has made to inspire you.

Aren't they a fantastic team of crafters? Now, it's your turn. Why not make something for the Christmas holiday. Then upload it here. There's a prize to win!
 
Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl 

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

Cheryl, this is very pretty. I love Kraft and white for Christmas. That little snow globe is a cute surprise pop up when you open the card.

Patti J said...

Oh my goodness, Cheryl, this is so awesome! Love the Kraft CS, the snowflake, and the pop up is perfect! Thanks for sharing! Hugs...

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute card Cheryl! Love all the snowflakes and the adorable snowman! How fun! Thanks for the inspiration!

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh I love your snowflakes Cheryl! And the little snowglobe in the inside is such a lovely surprise :)

Glittered Paws said...

Love It - two favorite items combined snow man and snow globe. Love the look of snow falling inside the globe.