Wish List

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Happy 40th birthday!

Today my oldest daughter has turned 40 years old. How in the world did that happen? I thought it was only months ago--a couple of years, at most--that I was 40!!

Anyway, a 40th birthday deserves a very special birthday card, and here is what I made for her.

I created the format for this card in Microsoft Publisher. The "Exclusive" headline was printed separately; then I fussy-cut it and popped it up on the card. The little party hat and the two gifts were cut with an old Cuttlebug die and also popped up with foam tape.



I used that same Cuttlebug die to cut the balloons.  I added a white highlight with my gel pen and some strings with a very fine black marker.

As you can see in the photo, I drew the strings so that they looked like they were tied around her Pooh Bear's arm.

She was such a happy baby, and she loved her Pooh Bear.
















The sentiment on the inside of my card was computer-generated. I added a few more balloons and another party hat--all popped up on foam tape.

I enjoy making these "Birthday Times" cards and personalizing them with a photo and a few die-cuts.

Publisher is a program that I don't use often enough when I'm making cards. I think it's much easier to manipulate images and text in this program than it is in MS Word.

I hope you are all having a splendid weekend. Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

7 comments:

Hannelie said...

An amazing personalised birthday card Cheryl! So special. Happy birthday to your daughter!

Patti J said...

Wow, Cheryl...she's going to love this! Now, I wish I had Publisher! Wonderful card, dear friend! Our oldest will be 40 in October. Does that mean we're no longer able to say we're 29? Lol... Great card!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a special birthday card for your daughter Cheryl! Surely she loved it! Love her sweet photo and the little balloons you gave Winnie!

Lynne in NI said...

Wow, what a fab personalised card Cheryl, your daughter will treasure this!

Glittered Paws said...

Great card - well I have a daughter that is turning "50" this coming Friday - so hmmm...hmmm...so hold old would that make me? LOL I know your daughter will love her card.

Sue said...

Awesome card! Love it. Everyone likes cards "all about them" and this
one is "Extra" special! Bet she loved it.

Hugs
Sue

Taunya Butler said...

WONDERFULLY done with cuteness and humor!! Love your style and I especially love the inside of this card!! So awesome!!