Wish List

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Let's Craft and Create, first challenge of 2015!

I am excited to announce that I am now a member of the Design Team for Let's Craft and Create, a challenge blog led by the wonderful and creative Eileen Dobson. I am so looking forward to the monthly challenges and to seeing all the fabulous creations from friends, followers and visitors of LCC.

This month's Challenge #100 - Seasonal Flowers was right up my alley. I LOVE adding flowers to my cards. I especially love making my own flowers, and that's just what I have done for this challenge. I was so excited about it that I actually made two cards!

My first card was inspired by the ornamental crab apple trees that will soon be blooming in my home state of Minnesota. The blossoms range from white to red, with all shades of pink in between.

I cut a piece of white cardstock for my little scene with a Spellbinder's Romantic Rectangle die. Then, I created a branch using a Lifestyle Crafts die and punched numerous little flowers out of vellum with my Martha Stewart Hydrangea punch. I used a ProMarker to color the back of each one, concentrating the color at the center.


I used an embossing tool to shape them and also added some pearly centers with a Viva Décor pen.

Do you see those pretty clouds behind my branch? That was done with a torn piece of  paper and some light blue chalk.

My butterfly was punched with a small Fiskars punch and then outlined and colored on the back with a ProMarker.



On the inside of my card, I used the same deep pink mat as the front and a strip of the DSP across the bottom.















Once again, I added a vellum flower--this time a larger one--as a little added decoration.







My second card was actually an Easter card that has already been sent to its intended receiver.
More of the larger vellum flowers, but instead of using a Viva Décor pen for the centers, I added some coordinating mini-brads. The foliage is a Memory Box die and the lacy oval was cut with a Lifestyle Crafts die.




I love the soft look of vellum flowers when they are colored on the back. They maintain their transparency and look oh, so delicate.








The inside of this card was another lacy oval on top of a DSP mat. My sentiment was computer generated.

Here is a list of links to the team so that you can visit and be inspired by their awesome creations:

             Karen

             Maryvonne

             Eileen

             Deborah

             Cheryl (that's me!)

             Ursula

             Hazel

             Mary

             Catherine

I hope you've been inspired and will join us by submitting your creation at Let's Craft and Create. There is a wonderful PRIZE up for grabs and you can read all about it here.

I think we all make floral cards from time to time, and I can't wait to see yours!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

10 comments:

ursula Uphof said...

Cheryl, I do love your cards. Not sure which one is my favourite. Your flowers are gorgeous. Love being on the DT with you. Hugs, Ursula

Karen Petitt said...

Two really stunning cards Cheryl, love your pretty spring flowers Karen x

designbydonna said...

Your vellum flowers are just beautiful. I don't think of using vellum enough. I'm going to get it out where it is more visible and give these flowers a try. Congrats on being on design team. I'm going over to check out their blog.

Maryvonne Coussé said...

Beautiful cards Cheryl , i Love your velum flowers



Taunya Butler said...

Cheryl- How VERY EXCITING that you are on this Design Team - so glad that I follow you so I will always be in the know about what the challenge is!!! Love your cards - oh my, they are beautiful - you have done a very masterful job with your flowers, they look like real blooms to me!! As always I adore the way you dress up the inside of your cards - trying to follow your lead on that a little more!! Great work here and happy to hear your wonderful news!!!

Hazel said...

These are both beautiful cards - perfect design inspiration for Let's craft and create, Cheryl. x

Ammaris Art said...

Both cards are great Cheryl, I love the flowers, they are so delicate!
Hugs, Catherine xxx

Sue said...

Cheryl, both cards are so pretty. The blossoms on the cherry tree branch are lovely. Easter card is cute too, and those flowers are gorgeous.

Hugs
Sue

Glittered Paws said...

I don't know which one I like better - I'm leaning towards the tree branch - it is absolutely beautiful. Love the vellum flowers.

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh your flowers are so pretty! Congrats on joining your DT :)