Wish List

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Baby boy card...

I needed a baby boy card recently and turned to this 6" X 6" paper pack for some ideas:
It has some very pretty baby-themed papers in soft blues and greens. It also contains a few pages of sweet little tags.


I selected this particular design for the basis of my card. The first thing I needed to figure out was how to use my printer to print a sentiment inside the circle since I don't own any baby stamps yet (I ordered a set right after I made this card!).

I printed the sentiment I wanted onto a sheet of 8" X 11" paper. Then I used removable double-sided tape to adhere my DSP in just the right spot over the printed sentiment and ran it through my printer again.









Voila! I had my sentiment in exactly the right place in the font and color that I wanted.

Then I started fussy-cutting (from other pages in the paper pack) some of the little images around the circle  and adhered them in the appropriate places with dimensional adhesives. This added lots of nice dimension to the front of the card.



Here's what the finished card front looked like. It actually has quite a bit of sparkle with the glitter in the DSP design.  I also added a couple of the little tags (each one is bordered in glitter) and added self-adhesive glitter letters for "baby" and "boy." The colors are soft and pretty, but they didn't photograph well at all.



On the inside, I added a left-over strip of the DSP and another one of the little tags. I used some thin dimensional adhesive to add two little hearts to the tag.














All the little tags were attached with pale blue mini-brads. I love when I happen to have just the right color of brad or other embellishment!

Well, that's my post for today. Hope you enjoyed my baby card. I made a few more, too, so I'll eventually share them, as well. I can't wait to get those baby sentiment stamps so that it isn't quite so much work to add the right words to my baby cards.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

7 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Super cute card! I am your newest follower. :)

designbydonna said...

Really cute. That sentiment was a real challenge but really looks great. I love all those extra little touches.

Jamie Martin said...

Such a sweet card, I bet it's really beautiful with all of the sparkle!

Diane said...

Very fun paper and card design.

Best of the New Year.

Diane

ChristineCreations said...

Such a sweet design! Love that little inside tag and the fun dimension on the outside too!

Sue said...

A sweet paper pack, and everything you needed to creative a one of a kind baby card that turned out adorable. New Mom is going to love this one.

Hugs
Sue

Taunya Butler said...

I seriously applaud the awesome job you do at decorating and sprucing up the insides of your cards!! What a delight your cards must be to open!! Great job with all those tags and how you added text to that background paper!! Way to go!! So very cool!!