Wish List

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

A merry snowman from Stampendous...

Even though I had been making Christmas cards all year long, I still needed a few more at the end of November.  Here's one that I made with two stamps from the Stampendous "Snow Buddies" set.  This set contains different bodies, heads and arms that mix and match to make different snowmen. It's a fun set to use, and it's super easy to fit all the parts together. I especially loved that I could position the arms up, straight out or down...whatever my heart desired. For this card, I wanted him to look like he was in his happy place, so I positioned his arms up in the air.



The background paper was a distressed (shabby chic) polka dot paper. I stamped the snowflakes randomly with some white ink and then ran a couple of pieces of glitter tape across the front and under my image.

The glitter tape actually matches the paper quite nicely, even though it doesn't appear to do so in the photo.

If you look closely at the snow beneath the snowman, you can see that I have adhered some glitter for a little more sparkle.  I also added some fine glitter to the brim and pompom of his hat.









In the photo at right, you can see that I've added a bit of blue chalk to the snowman's background. I was trying to give the appearance of a light blue, cold winter sky. Not sure I've achieved that, but at least there is a little color there!














On the inside I added a few tiny snowflakes cut from the glitter tape. I also ran a strip of my DSP across the bottom and then added some glitter tape on top of that.

Tomorrow, I hope to post some of my sister's Christmas cards, so please come back and check those out.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

2 comments:

designbydonna said...

That is one cute snowman. Love how you stamped snowflakes on the DP.

debby4000 said...

Adorable and fabulous Christmas card.
luv
Debby