Wish List

Friday, September 19, 2014

First Halloween card...

I make quite a few Halloween cards, and I'll be sharing them with you over the next few weeks. This is my first one, and I loved making it. Mostly, because I used a new product (new to me, but probably not to most of you), and I was pretty amazed with the results.

My twin daughters gave me a gift certificate to Michael's for Mother's Day and one of the things that I bought with it was a set of Perfect Pearls. I've seen some projects using this product that were absolutely stunning.

My first use was small - insignificant, even - but fun nonetheless.

I bought the witch's cauldron stamp from Michael's for $1.50. It came from one of those bins in the dollar aisle that is piled high with inexpensive seasonal stamps.


I stamped the image with Versamark and then used one of the brushes that comes with the Perfect Pearls to apply the powder. I had purchased the Metallic colors and used the bronze for this image.

The instructions say to set it with a mist of water, which I did. I discovered, however, that it still rubbed off a bit when I touched it, so I also sprayed it with a finishing spray that I often use to set the colors when I use chalk on my cards. It worked great. I love the metallic finish from the Perfect Pearls. It truly seems to glow!

The enamel dots in the upper right corner were made by melting pony beads and the bottom purple section was embossed with my Cuttlebug D'vine Swirls embossing folder. I also inked the embossed paper a bit with some Dusty Concord Distress ink. It helped to deepen the color of the swirls and to hide any little paper cracks that happened when I embossed.

For the inside (sorry for the blurry photo), I used more of the embossed/inked purple paper and a framed oval cut from the Happy Hauntings cartridge. I inked the edges of the oval with some Memento London Fog ink. I left it blank so that I can write a personal note inside.

I hope you enjoyed seeing my first Halloween card. More to come!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

No comments: