Wish List

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Covering up an ink smudge...

I recently needed a card in a hurry, and made this one:
I cut two pieces of solid color cardstock so that a narrow band of the patterned mat beneath it would show through. I then embossed those two pieces of cardstock and adhered them to my mat.

The sentiment was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-embossed. It actually looked a little bolder IRL than it does in the photo.

I also stamped and heat-embossed the flower, cut it out and then added a flat-backed pearl to the center, some Liquid Pearls to the stamens and popped it up on foam tape.


I stamped the same flower on the inside and thought I was done.

When I flipped the card over....AAAACK!...I found an ink smudge right in the center of the back. Has this ever happened to you?

While this card hadn't taken long to make and it wasn't anything spectacular, I still didn't want to throw it away because I didn't have time to start over. But how could I cover that smudge?

Well, here was my final solution:
I have this little stamp to put on the back of my cards. I used to use it quite a bit, stamping each card on the back at the center bottom. Well, to cover my smudge, I needed more than this stamp, so I heat-embossed a strip of the dark turquoise cardstock and centered it on the back of the card.

Do you think it looks ok or just weird? Are there other ideas for handling a problem like this, or should I have thrown it away and started over? I would love it if you would leave a comment telling me what you would have done.

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

2 comments:

Hannelie said...

Ah! Love that stamp Cheryl, a very clever cover up! And what a beautiful card too!

designbydonna said...

that was a very clever way to cover a smudge. I like it! I've often cut off the fronts of cards and remounted when I do that.