Wish List

Monday, July 28, 2014

Washi tape banner...

Here's an idea for you when you need a quick thank you card that looks like a lot more work than it really is.

I tied a couple of bows in a length of baker's twine so that they could be placed at either side of a mat with a little bit of a downswing toward the center. This took a little bit of trial and error.  Once I had the placement of the bows figured out, I then began to take 4-inch (or so) lengths of 5/8" Washi tape and, centering them on the twine, folded them over so that the sticky sides met. This left me with about 2-inch "flags" across my twine.

To keep the flags evenly spaced, I first applied the two end ones, then the center one and finally the last two. I notched the end of each flag and adhered it to my mat with some clear foam tape. I then took the tail ends of my twine and tucked them behind the mat on either side,securing them with a little double-sided tape. Once that was done, all I had to do was adhere the mat to the card base, apply the letter stickers (they're actually a glittery black) and I was done! Easy peasy.

I love the ease of working with Washi tape. My daughter gave me a dispenser filled with the stuff last Christmas, and I love it! You can see my post about it here.

That's it for me today. Hope you have a marvelous week! Just remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

2 comments:

Shanna said...

Love it! It's amazing how much you can do with it!

designbydonna said...

Great idea. I'll have to give it a try.