Wish List

Saturday, July 5, 2014

I "wood" be so thankful...

This card was super easy to put together. I used a card base made from watercolor paper because of its rougher texture and off-white color. I needed this thank you card for a guy, and I thought the watercolor paper fit the masculine theme better than my usual white cardstock.

The wood-patterned cardstock is some that my daughter gave me a long time ago. She had used it for some invitations to a party for her boss, and that had to be at least 10 years ago! I LOVE it and have used it on lots of projects. It's so realistic looking and cuts beautifully.

For this card I die cut the "thanks" from the corner of the wood-patterned CS using an old Cuttlebug die. I then cut the same "thanks" out of black cardstock and laid it back in along with all the little inside pieces of the wood-patterned CS. I had backed the opening with a piece of double-sided sheet of adhesive, cut to fit.




In this close-up photo, you can see how cleanly the wood-patterned CS cuts and how nicely the pieces all fit back together.

To finish the card, I wrapped some black hemp twine around the mat a couple of times and tied a simple bow. I made sure to keep it above the "knot" in the wood pattern, because I really wanted that to show. I thought it added an extra ounce of "manliness" to the whole card.

Such a simple, simple card, but I honestly think that a man would appreciate it.



ETA: I'm entering this card in Moxie Fab World's "Wonderful Words Challenge."

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


4 comments:

designbydonna said...

Great guy card. I love the way that thanks looks.

Kelly said...

PERFECT guy card. love how you used the word die!

Taunya Butler said...

This card is so plainly AWESOME anyone should be able to see that it is!! I love it - your thanks word die is so incredible!!

Anonymous said...

Really cool card, Cheryl!
Thanks for linking it up to the MFW challenge!

Teri