Wish List

Thursday, July 3, 2014

I thank my lucky stars...

I have needed SO many thank you notes lately, so you're going to be seeing a lot of them on my blog. I've had fun making them because I've had a specific person in mind for most of them. Here's one that I made, though, for no one in particular. I wanted to try the whole "inlaid words" technique, plus I wanted to play off the theme, "I thank my lucky stars..."


If I remember right, the clouds were cut with an Impression Obsession die. Can you tell from the photo  that the words are inlaid in the clouds?


Here's a close-up photo so you can see it even better. It was a bit fussy to put back those tiny pieces of white CS into the h, a, k, Y and o, but I think the result was worth the effort.

To provide a sticky background for the die-cut words, I just put a light-colored piece of Washi tape on the back of the cloud. Worked like a charm!



Both the clouds and the stars are popped up on dimensionals to add a little character to this card. All in all, it's a very simple card and came together quickly--replacing the die-cut words took the most time. I could see using this card as a "Welcome Baby" card, too. I'd have to print or stamp those words on the clouds, though, since I don't have dies for them. Yet.

My next blog post will feature a thank you card using this inlay technique, as well. It's a masculine thank you card, so stay tuned for that one!

ETA: I'm entering this card in Moxie Fab World's "Wonderful Words Challenge."

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

Georgiana said...

Neat technique with the words. Very pretty!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Fabulous card and I love how you cut the words out of the clouds and then set them back in. Perfect Thank You card.

Margaret said...

Love this technique - will have to try it myself!

Taunya Butler said...

Great card - love the stars!! And putting the words inside the clouds - so genius!!! Impressive card!

Anonymous said...

Just love your card, Cheryl! So fun!
Thanks for entering it in the challenge!

Teri