Wish List

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Finally, some Easter cards to share...

...and not a moment too soon. In fact, if I don't get them all done in short order, it'll be too late to even get them in the mail. I've managed to make 16 or so, but don't worry - I'm not going to share them ALL with you today--just a couple of them.

My first card was pretty simple:
I cut a scalloped oval with a Spellbinders die in a piece of white card. I cut the blue mat to size, placed the white card (with the cutout) on top and slid my oval die between the two until it was in the right place. I used some washi tape to hold it there and then ran it through my Cuttlebug to cut out the oval. The sentiment is stamped directly onto the card base.

The flourish is a Cheery Lynn die. I cut the leafy flourish out of some adhesive-backed cardstock to make it easy to adhere onto the card.

The flowers were made with two different sized punches and a Viva Decor pearl pen for the centers.

I thought this card was okay, but a little plain, so I decided to try again:

I used the same process on this card, except I dry-embossed the top layer of white card. I was much happier with the result!


Here's a close-up peek at the sentiment and the flowers and flourish.

Do you ever have trouble with Liquid Pearls, Viva Decor pearls or glitter glue remaining a little sticky even after you've given it ample time to dry?  I sprinkle on a little baby powder and then blow off the excess to cure this problem.







This is a little peek at the inside. In seeing how plain it looks in the photo, I think I should add a flower or two before I send this out.

Edited to add: The inside sentiment is from the wonderfully talented Hannelie (Desert Diva) who shares her artwork with all of us. You'll find her Easter sentiments here.

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

Both are very pretty. I thought the flowers were silk blossoms. I would not have guessed they were paper punched.

Hannelie said...

Your Easter cards look so fresh and fabulous Cheryl!
Thanks for your kind words and link to my blog!
I appreciate your support!
Hugs
Hannelie

Anonymous said...

Nice cards, I do like the one with the dry embossing is nicer, which embossing folder is that?? I liked them both!