Wish List

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Merry Christmas tags...

Well, it's been a loooooong time since I've posted anything - not because I've been ill or away from home, but because I've been so busy. Last week I managed to make 80 Christmas cards! I felt I just HAD to get them done so that I could move on to other Christmas projects. It's the first time I've managed to make 80 cards in 6 days, so I was pretty pleased with my progress.

Next, my book club decided we should have a little gift exchange at our December meeting. I love gift exchanges, and I had a cute little Christmas platter in my gift box that I could give, but I also wanted to add something handmade. I decided that a little collection of Christmas gift tags would be just the thing.  Here's what I made:
 
These four tags were the "tie on" type and were cut using the Art Philosophy cartridge.

 
 
 As you can see at left, the back has room to write the name of the recipient and the giver.
 
 
I like the simplicity of the tag at right. It's similar to one in the group of four in the photo above and is cut out of craft cardstock. I added some velvet holly leaves, a flourish cut with a Spellbinders die and some glittered red Card Candi for the berries.
 Here's a very simple gift tag that is still glittery and festive.  The snowflake was cut out with a Spellbinders die and consists of three layers. It was actually cut out of plain white cardstock, covered with spray adhesive and then dipped into a container of glitter. A vintage gem is adhered to the center with Glossy Accents.






These two tags are more like small cards. They were also cut with the Art Philosophy cartridge. The images were stamped and colored with ProMarkers.  The fancy blue bird was dressed up with a glitter pen, but unfortunately, that doesn't show up in the photograph.

These two Christmas stocking tags are also small cards, as well. For all of these tags, I put a couple strips of double-sided tape on the backs so that they are ready to adhere to a package. The inside is stamped so that the names of the giver and receiver can be added.

 


 

 The last two tags that I made were simply stamped, cut out,  colored and glittered with a pompom glued to each hat.

I was really pleased when the person who received these gift tags was very excited about them. She had not started wrapping her Christmas gifts yet, so the timing was perfect!

I hope to have another post for you soon with another great Christmas idea that was passed on to me from my sister.

Thanks for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl




No comments: