Wish List

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

For a sweet baby girl...

This was a project I made some months ago for my niece's new baby girl.  The frame was an unfinished wood frame I bought at Michaels. I painted it with a white basecoat to seal it and then Mod Podged the pretty plaid paper to the surface.  A matching pink ribbon is adhered around the edge of the frame.  I made each of the flowers and Mod Podged them on all sides, as well, to give them strength and stability.  The little leafy branches under the flowers were cut with a Sizzix die on my Cuttlebug. 

I hand cut the little shaped card that looks like a baby's dress.  I used two different patterned papers -  one adhered on the inside layer that peeks through at the sleeves and the hem and another adhered to the outside front layer.  I also embossed a vellum "apron" on my Cuttlebug and adhered it to the front of the dress over the patterned paper.  A lacy white ribbon hides where the vellum is attached to the front of the card, and the dress simply flips up to reveal the sentiment inside.  I found the pattern for this card on the internet a couple of years ago, and I'm sorry I can't remember where.  I did find the same pattern here, however.

I also made the little fresh-water pearl bracelet as part of the gift and created a little pink gift box to put it in. I make basic jewelry, nothing fancy, but these pearls were in very soft shades of pink, blue, gray and white and I thought they were perfect as the first jewelry for a sweet baby girl.



Hope you enjoyed my project.

Remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

No comments: